Simon @TheRightQsTotal Posts:28 http://www.therightquestions.org Follow @@TheRightQs
Having started out as a Bomb Disposal Officer in the Army I learned the importance of making good decisions, even when under immense pressure and when you may not have all the information you want.
I took these and other leadership and management skills into the commercial, public and voluntary sector and realised that - even though decision making is a key competency for both managers and employees - many people have not been given the tools they need to make effective decisions.
The present education system is struggling to equip people with the skills they need to work in the modern work place. The traditional academic approach of remembering key facts, of individual effort and assuming there is generally one answer to every question, is not so applicable to work places where there is an overload of available data, collaboration is vital and divergent thought is necessary for creative problem solving.
Today with multifaceted culture, fast moving technological change, and uncertain markets, being able to make decisions, to crystallise effective strategies and formulate flexible plans is more important than ever before.
I am passionate about equipping individuals and teams to be more effective. I have developed ‘The Right Questions’ decision making process and I use this and other tools to help people improve their decision making, strategic planning and support them in achieving goals.
I help to facilitate strategy, teach leadership skills, coach people towards their goals, consult on business development and work along side organisations to make them more productive.
- Are We More Like Captain Kirk or Mr Spock?
- What is Decision Making and Do We Need to Use a Decision Making Process?
- How to Write a CV – Things You Need to Know
- How to Make a Good Decision and Choose the Right Course of Action
- The Top 10 Websites For Improving Your Productivity And Purpose
- Know Yourself: The Importance of Self Awareness
- The Secret of Perfect Timing
- How to Make a Successful Project Plan
- What are Values and Principles and How Do They Determine Why We Do Things?
- What is a Mission Statement and Why are They Important?
- What Is A Vision Statement And Why Is It Important?
- Are You Ready for 2013? Check With The SWOT Analysis
- The Best 6 Leadership and Management Books for Christmas 2012
- The Essential Importance of Assessing Where You Are
- The Right Questions for Strategy and Planning
- The 7 Most Important Questions in the English Language
- How Do We Stop the Ash Dieback Threat to Our Woodland?
- Question as a Philosopher; Answer as a Visionary
- The 7 Most Important Questions You Will Ask of Yourself or Your Organisation
- A Showground for Sustainability
- It’s Cloudy In Libya But The Sun is Breaking Through
- An Historical Perspective of the Arab Spring – One Year On
- Angry Young Men in Egypt? Diversity Beyond Tahrir
- Popcorn and Teargas: Last Chance Friday in Tahrir Square
- Thomas Cook, Tunisia and the Importance of Tourists to the Arab Spring
- The ‘Occupy’ Movement: Has the Arab Spring Spread to Britain and the West?
- Gaddafi: Another Monster of Our Own Creation?
- The Arab Spring: An Historical Perspective