Andrew MacKenzieTotal Posts:10 http://theurbn.com Follow @@australe_net
I am a Landscape Architect and Assistant Professor at the University of Canberra, Australia. I have a PhD in interdisciplinary environmental studies and a Masters in Public Policy (Environmental Law). My research and teaching examines the socio-cultural role of design and development in the reconfiguration of the urban landscape.
My Urban Times Story
I live in a strange city- beautiful in many ways, but also stridently conforming to a plan drawn 100 years ago. I will be writing for TheUrbanTimes about cities and urban design through the lens of my city. I hope you find it interesting- or perhaps I just need to get out more.
- After the Fires: Post Fire Recovery in Urban Australian Areas
- What Can Cities Do to Conserve Biodiversity?
- Cities as Self-Organizing Systems
- The Role of Federal Government in Australian City Futures
- Small People Live in Big Houses
- Big People Live in Small Houses
- Eating Our Cities: Dissecting the Urban Food Dilemma
- Why Canberra Suffers from Too Many Bedrooms
- Valuing Contested Landscapes in Growing Cities
- Can a City Celebrate a Birthday?